Thursday, March 11, 2010

What Inspires You?

A friend of mine asked me to make a top 10 list of what inspires me. It was fun to think about. Here is my list.

1. For the most part I am inspired by people; Moms mostly. I’m inspired by the stay at home mom, the grandmother, single mothers, crafty moms, the type-A personality moms, and working mothers. I can honestly say that I have been lucky enough to have been inspired by every mom in my life.

2. I’m always inspired by nature- bodies of water, full-grown trees, black dirt, gardens, lush green grass…

3. Cooking shows, cookbooks, cooking magazines, the grocery store. I love food so I can easily find inspiration for the next meal just about anywhere.

4. Books. From historical fiction to chick-lit, I can almost always find something inspiring in a book.

5. Traveling inspires me to be open-minded and appreciative.

6. Music.

7. My sisters inspire my confidence.

8. As silly as it seems, I’m inspired by holidays and birthdays. They inspire me to be creative.

9. My parents inspire me on so many levels.

10. And finally, I am inspired by my husband and two girls. They inspire me to be the best me that I can be. :o)



So, the question is.... What inspires you?

2 comments:

Jenny Pearson said...

You are an inspiration! I love how you share your family moments, interests, and thoughtful words with such honest openness.

AllisonEsplinPhotography said...

Erika-You are an inpiration to anyone who know you. You have such a zest for life and you embrace the good and the bad whole-heartedly. I am so thankful to call you my friend :)