Monday, March 29, 2010
Yesterday I was reflecting on how much Zoe has blossomed this spring right along with all the other flowers and trees. Then I got to thinking about her name. From the Greek, Zoe means life. Her name suits her well.
Dave thought it was important that we teach the girls to drink out of the hose. Zoe thought it was pretty cool.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Anyways... Here's another feel-good post to make up for the one unhappy one...
Another reason to be happy... A girl that can clean her own room (and looks cute doing it).
A fresh-cut flower can always make me smile :o)
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
I don't know why today was different than the others, but it was and it was awesome! I had planned starting the process in the summer so I was a little unprepared for it today, but we can't stop now! She did two number 2's, two number 1's and one accident.
She is determined to "I do it" and climb on the big potty. She moves the stool over, puts the seat on, and climbs right up. And she's not interested in pull-ups- she wants to be a big girl, just like her sister.
Monday, March 22, 2010
We’ve also had some very nice days, weather wise. So nice that one day I decided to take the girls for a bike ride. Well, we take 45 min to get the right clothes on and out the door. We ride about 7 houses down and Kayleigh decides to give up. Then Zoe decides to cry because we aren’t going to the park, I decide to ride a head so Z and I could have some sort of a ride, Kayleigh falls off her bike, she cannot stop crying, I yell at her to get up and be tough, her bike keeps falling down because the training wheel broke. OH BOY. We get home and the first thing out of Zoe’s mouth is, “I’m hungry.” She at an hour and 5 minutes earlier! She then cries to get in the swing, I get a rag to clean it off, put her in, give her one push and she wants down.
I had about all I could take. I figured I deserved a break. I need to miss these kids. I decided to go to Phoenix by myself for some me time. I had a wonderful time with Katie and Josh. I couldn’t wait to get home.
It took an extra hour to get home because of two accidents on I-10. Kayleigh has pink eye. Zoe cried until 9:20 because she didn’t want to go to bed. She got up at 4-5 because she was scared, then wanted a ring in bed with her (I’m still up because I’m afraid she is going to choke on the dang thing.), then wanted to be Cuckerd up, she woke up her sister who had to pee…. It’s now 5:30 and Kayleigh closed her door turned her light on and changed into shorts and a t-shirt. Dave will be up in 15 min. and my day will have started at 4am… Oh, and my children cannot sleep in. No matter what. Up before 7 almost every day.
My children are the reason I wake up in the morning. The reason I want to breathe… and the reason my hair is turning gray, my house is a mess, and I’m crazy.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
1. For the most part I am inspired by people; Moms mostly. I’m inspired by the stay at home mom, the grandmother, single mothers, crafty moms, the type-A personality moms, and working mothers. I can honestly say that I have been lucky enough to have been inspired by every mom in my life.
2. I’m always inspired by nature- bodies of water, full-grown trees, black dirt, gardens, lush green grass…
3. Cooking shows, cookbooks, cooking magazines, the grocery store. I love food so I can easily find inspiration for the next meal just about anywhere.
4. Books. From historical fiction to chick-lit, I can almost always find something inspiring in a book.
5. Traveling inspires me to be open-minded and appreciative.
7. My sisters inspire my confidence.
8. As silly as it seems, I’m inspired by holidays and birthdays. They inspire me to be creative.
9. My parents inspire me on so many levels.
10. And finally, I am inspired by my husband and two girls. They inspire me to be the best me that I can be. :o)
So, the question is.... What inspires you?
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Kayleigh kept calling her fish a girl. When I told her that it was a boy fish she said that she was still going to call it a girl. But, that was short lived because today she seems fine with a boy fish. Kay was super excited to be able to hold the take-home cup in the car and kept singing, "if you're happy and you know it..."
We had to wait 24 hours before letting Indigo into his new home. Kayleigh felt that he needed toys and music so surrounded the cup with random toys, a musical snow globe, and even plastic corn on the cob (incase he were to get hungry). We weren't home most of the day today so Kayleigh was very worried about her fish.... "I wonder what Indigo is doing right now. I hope he's okay...." That girl is so sweet and caring. It warms my heart.
She knows she gets to feed him 4 pellets twice a day...
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
• I told Kayleigh that my butt hurts today and she responded, “Just do what I do. Shake it off.” I guess I’ve been insensitive one to many times.
• During a stressful trip to the grocery store today, Zoe spotted an older man with a long white beard. She yelled , “Wook, mom, it’s Tanta!” I was relieved that he didn’t hear her. As we passed by again she pointed and said too loudly, “Wook Dat!” That time he saw and heard. Thankfully he was a jolly old man and just smiled and waved.
• Must invest in blackout curtains for the girls’ rooms.
• Whenever I think I want a bigger house, I clean this one and then I realize this house is just right ;o)
Good Morning, Zoe!