Thursday, February 25, 2010

Cake #2-- Drop Swirl Flowers

There's a story behind this cake, but I'll spare everyone the details. I'd like to think that the end product turned out pretty okay.


There are two secrets I've learned to make the frosting smooth.

1. After you've cleaned of the spreader/knife get it a little wet.


2. After you're done getting it as smooth as you can with the knife, wait until there is a "crust" of frosting then pat it down with parchment paper on the top and sides.

I think I'm going to practice writing and add the girls' names... They'll think that they're pretty special! :)

1 comment:

Jenny Pearson said...

It's beautiful Erika!! Great job... I find myself daydreaming about cute cakes to make all the time I already have Ryan's and Gabby's birthday cakes planned out. Thanks for the knife and wax paper tip!