Friday, February 19, 2010

Cake

Being I love food and being creative with food, I enrolled in a Wilton Method cake decorating class. I'm such a dork, but I've always wanted to learn how. I'm loving all aspects of the class. I love the teaching method, the people, and how it lets me be creative and thoughtful. I'm also happy that I will be able to make cakes for the people I love and be able to make them a little more special than Walmart.

Below is my first attempt at stars. We had various design options to choose from. I opted to use one of my cookie-cutters so I wouldn't need to mix so many different colors of frosting ;o)
I'm having fun thinking of what I want to do next week. There are so many options!!

The only complatint I have about making a cake every week is who i going to eat them all?!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Mmmm. That looks amazing! It really is too bad that we can't crash by your place next week for the featured cake :)