Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I'm obsessed with cakes!

I told Dave that it's like a dream come true that I'm taking this class. Every free moment I get I'm looking at cakes online. I've also traced circles on drawing paper and came up with layouts/designs/color schemes for cakes.

My love of cake must have rubbed off on the girls. Today they had their well check appointments and when the doc asked K what her favorite food was she replied, "cake!"

So far my interest has only been in decorating, but I'm sure with time I'll be concered with the actual cake and want to make the homemade kind.

For lesson #3, I had the AWESOME idea of baking cakes in tin cans. You know like pouring batter into soup cans and then baking. I want to do mini cakes for class so this seemed logical. I haven't found much info on it online because I suppose you can buy special cake pans for mini cakes. But I'm more of the "I can get the same result by being more creative (cheaper)." So coming soon you will find my "bake cakes in a can" keyword rich blog post.

In my search of amzing cakes I came across this cute food site: www.epicute.com. I will be looking here often for cute food ideas!

1 comment:

Mom said...

K probably had a hard time coming up with one favorite food as her mommy makes so many great things! Right now it's "cake". And I know Zoe would agree! Love your enthusiasm and love you