Friday, February 5, 2010

Fashion Show Project Runway Style

I have a confession to make. I love Project Runway. I DVR all the episodes and Kayleigh and I watch them when Zoe is napping.

Today, Kayleigh came to me with the blue curtains exclaiming that she bought this wondfer fabric and was so excited to get started designing. I couldn't help but smile and play along. My role was audience, judge, and reporter. Kayleigh was the designer and Zoe the model.

While Zoe was working on her model figure eating a toaster strudel (Yes mom, sometimes i give them bad food.) Kayleigh was busy decorating the curtains for the big show. I (as in the judge and mom) was impressed that she used flower clips as decorations and tied back the curtains with ribbon all by herself.

Let's start the show:
Here Zoe in look #1. Evening wear fit for a Beauty. As you can see the designer is close by to direct poses and show her where to walk.
Last but not least look #2 was another evening gown. The judge admired the care the designer used to sew on the sequins. This design received the biggest applause from the audience.

Here is a picture of the designer and model after the show. Both happy they won first place which was a pasta or meatloaf lunch- their choice!
This was actually very fun for me. In between costume changes I sat in the hallway browsing through a magazine. I like activities where everyone wins! :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Those girls are FAB-U-LOUS! And are those your puppet theater curtains? They are very nicely decorated :)