Tuesday, June 1, 2010

a little of this and a little of that

When I quit my corporate job two years ago, I thought being a stay at home mom meant that we would have some tough days but mostly our days would be filled with art and classical music. I should have really ran that thought by a SAHM first... However, today the classical music is on and my babies are filling page after page in their new doodle pads with wonderful creations. We are starting with crayons and will move on to markers, glue, glitter, stickers, and paint.

These past few weeks have been crazy and hectic intertwined with fun and joy. My brain has been in overdrive for these weeks too which has made for thoughts that are more appropriate for a journal than a blog.

This weekend we found a condo and signed a two year lease. I'm excited about the place and nervous at the same time. It's out of my comfort zone for sure. Oy. I hope it's the right place for us. The condo has everything on our wish list, the school is top notch, the location is great. But, the average person is 47+, white, and rich. Not that that is a bad thing, but we only have white going for us. Hopefully we can still find away to surround ourselves with down to earth, young people.

Above is a picture of a similar entrance to our new pad. We are 1.5 miles away from the school and 50 feet away from the pool, exercise facility, and clubhouse. And best of all we no longer have to drive 20 min to the nearest store of any kind!



I'm so thankful for Dave. I'm glad we get to go through life together and give all these amazing opportunities to our girls.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Congratulations on the new place! That is a huge transition, but so exciting.

And always be thankful for those days that are full of art and music :) It isn't every day, but when it happens, life is wonderful!