Monday, July 6, 2009

I love to cook

I love to cook. I love everything about it. From beginning to end. I look forward to getting the mail on Tuesday afternoon just so I can see what will be on sale for the next week at the grocery stores. I even have a handy way of making out my grocery list. I use a sheet of printer or notebook paper. On the left I write down the name of the store and the name and price of the items that are on sale that week. On the top right is the running list of groceries we will need or ran out of. On the bottom right I plan out the weekly menu. So, that is what I love about the beginning.

I think shopping is pretty fun, but it’s nothing compared to the excitement I get from taking random fresh and colorful ingredients to make something yummy for my loved ones to enjoy. To make the actual cooking process more enjoyable I have nice kitchen supplies. The items that I use on a daily basis are: Global chef’s knife, Cutco steak knives, bendable cutting boards, 12” stainless steel covered fry pan, and a copper bottom pot. Some people find cutting and chopping “work” but I find it enjoyable!

Since I’m usually cooking or making something new, I’ve decided to start taking pictures and blogging about my culinary adventures!

First up, Berry Berry Cool Pie. I made this delicious red, white and blue no-bake dessert for the 4th of July. Everyone loved it! The lemon juice made it. Next time I make this, I’ll try using different fruit combinations. *this is an eagle brand recipe*

BERRY BERRY COOL PIE
Ingredients
1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 cup lemon juice 1 1/2 to 2 cups assorted fresh berries (raspberries, blueberries or blackberries)
1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (6 oz.) Keebler® Ready Crust ® Graham Pie Crust

Instructions
1. MIX together sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice in large bowl until blended. Stir in berries. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into crust. 2. FREEZE 5 hours or until set. Let stand 30 to 40 minutes before serving. Garnish as desired.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I made this on the 4th too!