Friday, June 17, 2011

you take the good, you take the bad

Wow. Just wow. TGIF!!! I'm happy to say that Dave and I have survived the most stressful, scary, busy 7 days of our lives together. Every minute of the last 7 days has been accounted for.

We hit a serious low on Saturday morning when we heard Dave’s little brother was shot in the chest. I get the shivers every time I think about it. We are so thankful that he will be okay. I hope they catch the bastard that did this to him. Dave has known 3 people who have died before their time because of guns and now one that could have. If this doesn’t change ones stance on guns I don’t know what will.

You know how people say “bad things” come in threes? Well, it’s true. Obviously nothing can compare to what happened to Cameron, but the blows just kept coming during the week.

Dave’s car broke down on his way to see Cameron. Dave’s step-mom had to actually pick him up on the interstate while his car got towed back to Scottsdale. Not a big deal, right? Well my financial aid got messed up with ASU so I had to pay for my classes this summer. Still not too bad… The mechanic quoted us one price- ouch. Then they found a few more things that needed to be fixed. OUCH. I feel like a true college student after that one. I guess I can take comfort in the fact that we actually had the money to take care of those things.

Wednesday was the hottest day of the year here- 110 was the high. And as luck would have it somehow Zoe got locked in the truck in the hot sun. Long story short, the firemen had to bust out a window to get to her. Thankfully she was okay. And thankfully we were at a friend’s house and they were amazing about the entire thing.

So ya know, we just did all that emotional stuff and added playdates, swim lessons, VBS, camp, and about 20 hours of homework. And no working out so I feel like a marshmallow.

I lived it and I wrote about it now I can put it to bed. I’m looking forward to spending a relaxing Father’s day weekend with my family.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow! Surely your luck will turn around this week... that is just too much for one family in one week! I'm glad Cameron will heal, and that Zoe escaped from the car (yikes!). The money is a bummer, but will resolve itself.

Good luck this next week!