Friday, June 10, 2011

2 weeks post kindergarten

School ended for Kayleigh just 2 weeks ago (it seems like a month has past since). In two weeks our days have been filled with numerous playdates, swimming lessons for both girls at different locations and different times, K has Spanish summer camp from 8-12 M-TH, I started a hectic CHM 101 online class, a few dates with my man, a weekend trip to Tucson, I turned 31, two 6 year old birthday parties, sickness, and lots of workout and yoga time-- for balance. haha!



First Day of School




Last Day of School


Miss K really enjoyed Kindergarten. She loves to learn (as long as it's not math- unfortunately she gets that from me). She excelled at reading early on and now reads chapter books daily and in one sitting! Reading has also reinforced her love for nature and animals. I am always amazed by how much she knows and how much more she wants to know about the world around her.





Today we enjoyed being just the three of us- no playdates, no commitments. The kids played daycare, I did a 80 min. yoga class, we ate lunch at a cafe, hit up the library for an hour, and ate an ice cream cone (I enjoy hearing I'm the best Mom ever from time to time). Now the kids are playing cheerleader/princess/ballet girls while I chill. How do they have so much energy? I need a nap! (Oh, must be that I couldn't go back to sleep after I had to clean up a potty accident at 2:30 in the morning!)


Please dear audio book keep them occupied when the frolicking gets old :)


Oh and I'm happy to say we haven't had nitrate filled hotdogs or frozen pizza once! haha

No comments: