Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes with Avocado Cream Cheese Frosting

Okay, I know what you are thinking... How could that be any good? Well, I would have to say: sugar.

The vegan chocolate cupcakes come from an old recipe used often in the depression. An oldie and a goodie! You can find it under "Crazy Cake." I'm pretty sure they didn't have avocado frosting back in the depression... maybe in California or Mexico? I honestly think using an avocado cream cheese frosting is more for the wow factor than anything. It's good, but not amazing. I rather use my high-priced fruit/vegi on tacos or chips.

Avocado Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe

8 oz. Cream cheese, softened
½ cup butter, softened
1 Avocado, peeled, pitted, pureed
13 oz. powdered sugar
4 tsp. sour cream
½ tsp. pure vanilla extract

No comments: