Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Zoe's turn for a post

Sigh. A post on Zoe... We went through the terrible two's and now it seems we are going through the trying three's. Her and I just aren't on the same wave length most of the time. It takes us a while to figure each other out. She loves repetition and knowing excatly how the next thing is going to go. She has a really hard time adapting to changes. She freaks out and throws a fit if the things aren't the same. It's really hard for us to do anything extra during the day... We haven't been able to find other SAHM's with kids her age. It seems that most moms work... I was hoping to meet other SAHMs by enrolling Zoe in classes. We are on our 3rd class. Miss Zoe is the annoying kid in class. I hate to say it, but it's true. She whines, cries, throws fits, pouts.... But we keep going... I really wanted to enroll her in gymnastics or ballet like K was in, but the going rate for 4 classes a month is $75!!! That is so much money! Is it worth it? Hmmm. It's the great debate. And daycare?! YIKES. I would have to work full time to pay for part time daycare.

I'm going to buck up and check out a MOPS group. It's not really, how do I say it... my scene, but we will try it.
Sorry if I made Zoe sound horrible. She isn't! She's just Zoe... Loves sugary and salty foods. Doesn't eat dinner (even if she has little to eat during the day and I'm serving pizza for dinner), Loves to help in the kitchen and set the table. Says "oopsie" when something spills or gets dirty (its really cute). She has the best little giggle and gives the best hugs in the whole wide world. Looks up to her big sister. Enjoys coloring (in the lines), drawing stick people, spiders, the sun, her name, and letters H and I.
Sorry Zobug for not writing a glowing blog about ya, I've been trying... and so have you! ha!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Good luck with MOPS... I hear ya on the reluctance, but I have friends that enjoy it.

It's got to be hard to make that move, even though it's such a good thing for you guys!

Maya's just lucky that I'm an uber planner that also resists change, or we would have had a lot of those clashes too... unlike Elle who is super easy going and could care less if we pop something new in her day. They're all so very different.

Good luck!

Becky Post said...

Oh Erika, wish you were still in Tucson. I feel your Zoe pain 100%. Michaela is just as "troublesome" sometimes. Twice this week she went to bed (once at bed time and once and nap time) without eating anything at all because she just sat there staring at her food. It made me feel like a bad mom, but I know that I gave in and made her something else to eat she would ask for something else at every meal. Yikes, the 3's are already way worse with Michaela than they were with Felicity (and I thought she was bad!) and she isn't even 3 yet!!!!

Miss you guys!