Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

I know what it looks like. That I bought special dishes for Valentines day. They are actually Christmas plates that I picked up for 25 cents each and the ramikens were around the same price.
I love Valentine's day! It's a great excuse to shower the people you love with extra love and eat decadent foods!

It's also a day that my husband really out does himself with gifts. He's a great gift giver. This year my gift was a bright red (my favorite color) dutch oven! I'm over the moon about it! I've wanted one for years.

Our little darlings were tickled pink when I told them we would be dressing up for dinner- even daddy.

Look! Zoe made it through dinner and got dessert. I guess we have to have rib-eye and asparagus every night so she will eat. That kid loves herself some asparagus.

Cheers to Kayleigh! She is so sweet. At dinner she said, "Next year, I don't want to celebrate Valentine's Day with everyone that I know. Just you guys that I know." Meaning her family. After, she quickly added, "I wish Grandma was here celebrating her birthday with us." Little did she know that Gma and Pa were comming after dinner :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That is so cute.... and you are soooo good at the table setting, fancy dining thing. I make an effort, but it is always rather sloppy!

Cheers to a holiday that is what you make of it.... with not other expectations (way better than christmas!)

also, loved your card!

Anonymous said...

Love it!!!