Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Baking

Today Dave informed me that he received the highest mark IBM gives for a performance review for the 3rd year in a row. So, I decided we needed to celebrate the best way I know how- with food! While Zoe was napping Kayleigh and I made lemon cupcakes and lemon cream cheese frosting.

I'm on a big fat diet so my extra baked goods go to work with Dave or to the neighboor's house. NO LEFTOVERS!! Yesterday I made my first Key Lime pie with my first meringue. yummy!


Anyways... The Frosting was the highlight of the cupcake (receipe follows)

Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 cups confectioners' sugar

Beat cream cheese, butter, lemon juice, lemon rind, and vanilla together until smooth and fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar in 2 additions. Beat until creamy.

No comments: