Thursday, August 12, 2010

adjusting

Kayleigh isn't the only one learning new things and adjusting to this new school schedule. Zoe has had a bit of difficulty watching her sister go off to school every day. Tuesday and Wednesday she screamed and screamed when we left. And she screamed some more. Good lord she screamed. So, today I was determined to make it a good day for her.
We packed a lunch bag for her and busted out the stroller. The stroller worked, but she wanted to put her lunch bag away and sit in a chair and wait for school to start. Crisis diverted though and we made it to the car in a civilized manner. I opted not to go to the gym this morning so we could spend some QT together. It was a small sacrafice that paid off big time! I'll get to the gym every morning, just not this week :)

Speaking of adjusting... Kayleigh is doing just fine. As expected she is super tired at the end of the day and cries a lot... We were warned this would be expected... She is always open to talking about her day... She knows that when she gets home it's snack, homework, then playtime. Tuesday I walked in on her teaching Zoe her colors in Spanish. She was, naturally, a good teacher.

And as for me, I'm adjusting :) The hardest part is getting out of bed with an alarm, but I'm excited to be at home with Zoe. I love seeing her get excited about simple things.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

It's such a huge adjustment! I'm glad you're all doing so well (Two year old's scream. Mine sure does, and we aren't adjusting to anything yet!)

ctobkin said...

Love the pic of Zoe cuz I know how she likes to snuggle, and I can just hear her say "Kickle me". And love the one of Kayleigh because she looks just like the sweet little schoolgirl she is! I miss those babies of mine!!