Thursday, May 27, 2010

dirty thirty

I’m turning 30 tomorrow. Ugh. Part of me really hates the fact. The other part of me says I’ve had an amazing 30 years. I feel so fortunate to have had this life.


Although, I still don’t know what I want to "do" when I grow up, I’m happy to say that I know the woman I want to become and I try to be that woman everyday. However, I hope that in my 30’s I can learn not to apologize for the person I am.


To some 30 is just another number. But to me it’s always been significant. And moving to Phoenix and Kayleigh starting kindergarten in the same time frame just solidifies the significance. I have this great opportunity to change and evolve which is very exciting. I have this mental checklist of things I want to accomplish after we move… All of which should just help me be the best me I can be.


So, tomorrow I’m going to wear flip-flops, torn jeans, a low-cut flowing shirt, and my hair in a messy bun on top of my head. I’m going to spend time outside, make my birthday dinner and cake and share it with my sisters, be silly with my precious girls, wake up with my husband, have a drink and a deep conversation(s).


Dave Matthews said it best in the Song Tripping Billies, “Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die.” (side note… that song is one of my favorites and was on our wedding cd.)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Love it! Clearly catching up on posts tonight. Dave Matthews is an all time favorite...

Kudos to you for owning 30.... 30 is what spurred my novel writing habit... 30 is a good motivator :)

But don't put too much pressure on yourself right after the move... moving is a big, big deal.