Tuesday, September 8, 2009

You Take the Good, You Take the Bad...

Wow. That's just about all I can say is wow. My life is never boring. Not that I want it to be boring, it's just that I wish excitment would come to us as fun and happy instead un-fun and unhappy.

Let's see... Zoe and I are sick for the 3rd time in 3 months. Zoe is way worse than me with a runny and stuffy nose and watery eyes. And I'm sure that her throat hurts because mine sure does. So, poor Dave had to spend his 32nd Birthday taking care of us and cleaning up from his birthday bash the night before.

Or house has also been infested with dog ticks. And of course it couldn't be, we have ticks come spray our house for them. It had to be, take your dog to get dipped and we'll come spray, but they didn't, so we found another company, spent tons of money, found 6 more ticks on Sunday (one of which was on Kayleigh and she was NOT happy!), company can't come on Monday because it's a holiday, I have to work today... so when will these ticks die?!! Side note, the exterminator said the chemicals they use could give us allergic reactions. HMMMM....

Before we were infested with ticks, we decided to find Kona another home. She left with her new family on Monday. I'm really sad about it because I know the girls loved her so much. But Dave and I just couldn't love her. I tried to put up with the smell, messes, and dog hair, but it turned out it was too stressful for me. I thought Kayleigh would be more torn up about it, but she just replied with, "Can I get a bunny, chinchilla, hampster, fish, or a turtle?"

Today, even though today has lots of opportunities to be crappy and stressful(taking both girls tok work with me), I'm going to stay optomistic and chant quietly to myself, "The days are long, but the years are short. Breathe." Hopefully I pack the right toys this time. And I'm going to pack twice as much food as last time. I am always amazed at how much my girls eat!

Just for balance... We do have some nice times in the midst of the not so nice.... Kayleigh really loves gymnastics, I went to a Mom's Night out chocolate pot-luck, Dave had a nice birthday party with friends and family, kayleigh got a cute hair cut, and our social calendar is full.

No comments: